Historic Huguenot Street

New Paltz, NY

A National Historic Landmark District, Historic Huguenot Street (HHS) encompasses 30 buildings on 10 acres that was the heart of the original 1678 New Paltz settlement. It was founded in 1894 as the Huguenot Patriotic, Historical, and Monumental Society to preserve the collection of stone houses. Since then, HHS has grown into an innovative museum campus dedicated to protecting the historic buildings, conserving a collection of artifacts and manuscripts, and organizing public programs that help tell stories of those who lived on Huguenot Street from the 16th century to today.

Bow Bridge supported the promotion of an exhibition about 17th-century Dutch culture and advised as communications counsel to raise awareness of HHS among regional and national media.

www.huguenotstreet.org

 

Top Photograph: Jean Hasbrouck House (ca. 1721), Historic Huguenot Street, New Paltz, NY. Photograph Pieter Estersohn, Courtesy Historic Huguenot Street Inset Photograph: Installation view at Jean Hasbrouck House. Photograph On Location Studios, Poughkeepsie, NY. Courtesy Historic Huguenot Street